Click Nuffnang ♥ (THANK YOU (:)

Saturday, July 31, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONVENT!!!




omgeee.... Today is Convent's BIRTHDAY!!! HAPPY 85TH ANNIVERSARY!!!
lols... celebrated its 80th Anniversary 5 years back but wasn't even involve much cause we were having PMR and were exempted from it...
So after 5 years, 3 years (lols... was Class 2007... haha... so its 3 years (: ) its really a WALK THROUGH MEMORY LANE~~~
being nostalgic now... If weren't for my Standard 3 friend, Soobrinah, I would not have go round the school.. Walking the whole school really make me feel nostalgic on all the things and events that has happen, how my life have change drastically after entering convent..
I remember I used to whine when my mum told me that she wants me to go to Convent (was in SSU, Sekolah Sri Utama, for 9 years, so was too attached to the school) But, seriously, I DO NOT REGRET FOR GOING TO CONVENT!!!

Aside from SSU, Convent really embedded in me real deep in.. During the years, Convent has taught me many valuable things for me to be now, a successful person sometime soon..

"Simple in Virtue,
Steadfast in Duty"

The school's motto that was it.. It makes me feel proud to say it.. A simple phrase but has a dwelling and deep meaning towards it..

I proud to say Convent has made it... haha... 85 years of excellence and wholesome education..
Well, I'm proud of choir too... Although I'm not an active person in school compare to my last school, I just feel that I'm always part of them.. Maybe it really runs through my blood...
I mean, I'm the 3rd generation there... and guess what???? I'm grandfather was from the same convent school tooo... haha... Last time Convent was a co-ed school for a period of time... then goes to my mum and aunts and then ME (:

haha... I think that is the reason why... Wondered why my grandma is not in Convent JB??? Cause during her time, they were all very rich and she goes to school in Singapore's Convent... haha... But due to the war... Do I need to say more...

I was excited and moi forgotten to bring her cammy... anyways, my cammy is really having PMS... Cammy's mood swing is UNPREDICTABLE!!! maybe I need to replace her... lols...
and took loads of videos BUT they were small... so you can only hear the sound and stuff.. in order to see the humans in it, you gotta strain your eyes... will upload it in FB.. (:

Met few of my Class 2007... although not many but still we get to meet each other after 3 years... So not bad too say... haha..

And I AM GOING FATTER EACH DAY!!! omg... seeing all of the ex-convent girls, seems like they are all getting thinner except me... Since I started college life, I HAVE BEEN PUTTING ON WEIGHT!!! College hours were long and hectic.. and nevertheless, I'm getting in size... and then I know why... In order to cope with the hours and hectic-ness, I will eat at all sort of timing.. So I think I have to stop doing that... haha...

Well, didn't have much pictures taken today, but I did enjoy every moment of it...
So yup, I LOVE YOU CONVENT!!! (:




Traditional Indian Dance with Modern song..


The cute little ones from Primary school... so cute...


Aren't they cute... Little Sunshines..


CHOIR!!!
Past Alumni, Past Principal, St Luke and Current Principal..


Cutting cake ceremony



Passing the fire on...



Noticed my teeth and the colour of my tee... haha... BLUE (:

till then,
RR

(ps: Sorry for the bad photo quality... Now Phoney gotta go doctor... Its the after-effect-from-falling-off-from-the-2nd-story-and-bouncing-off-on-the-staircase problem... I NEED A NEW CAMMY AND PHONEY!!! I want an iPhone and I'M GONNA GET IT!!! lols...)


Here’s a rousing cheer

For our Convent dear

On fair Johor Bahru

May we be faithful to every rule

To each tradition true

Through weal or woe we forward go

United great and small

In virtue simple and duty strong

Is the motto for us all

In virtue simple and duty strong

Is the motto for us all


Through far we roam

From our ancient home

Our thoughts will often stray

Back to these happy convent days

Where our hearts are warm and gay

We love each dear familiar room

And gaze with rightful pride

At our lofty building on the hill

Where Malaysians sunshine smiles

At our lofty building on the hill

Where Malaysians sunshine smiles


May the good Lord bless

Our sultan kind

Who in peace preserves our town

He ‘throned Our Lady’s image there

Where she sweetly gazes down

God keep us loyal to our friends

Our teachers and our rules

May we bless the day

When we found our way

To our own dear Convent School

May we bless the day

When we found our way

To our own dear Convent School


(SCHOOL SONG ♥♥♥)

No comments:

Post a Comment